Friday, January 10, 2014

Herb Crusted Lamb Chops

It's like 3 in the morning and I'm still thinking about food. I'm so hungry. Anyway, I made a herb crusted lamb chops. I decided to take the same concept that I did for the Swai that I cooked in my recent blog and apply that to this rack of lamb. The crunchy affinity of the bread crumbs just adds such a nice bite and texture when you're chowing down on this baby. It was amazing. I rarely cook lamb, like ever. So I wanted to give it a shot. 

Ingredients
1. Rack of Lamb
2. 1 cup of bread crumbs
3. 1 cup of parsley
4. Grated Parmesan cheese
5. 2 Tbspn of Olive oil 
6. Dijon mustard
7. Salt and Pepper to season


Prep Time: 10 Minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes





Directions
1. First get your parsley. Finely chop up your parsley. Put your parsley and your bread crumbs into either a food processor or a blender. Add in your grated Parmesan cheese. This keeps the lamb nice and moist when its coated. Drip in your olive oil and blend together. It should come out like the picture seen on the right hand side. I have a 15 year old blender, but it still worked just fine
                                                                           


2. Get a nice hot pan and drip in your olive oil.Getyour pan to medium - high heat. This is the first stageso you're only coloring the lamb. Cook it on the skinside down. Color it for a good 3 to 4 minutes until it's nicely browned. Next you're going to want to setyour oven to 400. Bake those bad boys for a good 10 minutes. Once they're out of the oven, get a brush. Brush your lamb with the dijon mustard and coat it with your herb crumbs  and finish it off in the oven for 5 minutes.                                                                             


NOW you're ready to eat that delicious, juicy, lamb chops that you've been eyeing on for the past 20 minutes. It is a well deserbed meal since you've put so much effort into it. Well actually I did, but I"m sharing my wonderful food with you all. It tasted amazing. Oh and for those of you that don't know if it's cooked in the middle or it's rare, medium or well done. I suggest you get a thermometer. It's difficult to tell if you can't see what it looks like inside of course. 125 F is rare, 145 F is medium, and 165 F is well done. So I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe it's pretty easy, the only downside is it takes alot of preparation to make but I think it's worth it in the end. 

AbsolutelyDelicious

No comments:

Post a Comment